Friday 20 September 2013

Emily Tedrake - a visiting lecture

We had a visiting lecture and discussion from a video commissioner from Polydor Records which is part of Universal so it is a big record company. 

A video commissioner is a person or place the role of  the point of contact with the artist and the record label, which is part of the process of making the music video. She also goes to the music videos to over look it and to make sure the artist ok.
She works with artists such as Ellie Goulding, 1975, White lies, Lana Del Ray, James Blake etc. 
Emily works quite close to the artists and the decisions that are made are normally run by Emily first.

Ellie Goulding- Burn


James Blake - Overgrown


Before Emily came to visit Hurtwood I had no idea what career path that I was going to take, but I now know that I want to be a music video commissioner. I spoke to her after the talk and she gave me some advice in how to get into the industry and I am really excited to start researching and getting in touch with some companies to get work experience. 

1 comment:

  1. Detailed and knowledgeable understanding evident of Emily’s talk. You seem to have benefited with the professional speaker providing information on actual practice. I like the way in which you have used this information and blogged this in relation to your coursework planning. Hopeful you will use this to good effect when you produce a treatment and timeline for your music video this week. I also feel that you have produced some excellent blog entries which have either developed your research and planning in to a range of artist’s bands and subsequent products. I also enjoy seeing your concept being nurtured to ensure the right concept for your single release …so well done.

    ReplyDelete